Saturday, March 19, 2011

TATER is Here!!

Today has been a crazy, busy day! But, so full of good stuff. :-) First we had a baby shower for a great friend of mine who is due in like 2 weeks. I have pictures of that too, but I knew how many people were waiting on news about Tater. Figured I should post about that first. :-) After the shower was over, we headed up to Elburn, IL. It took an hour to get there and I swear the kids must've asked if we were there yet 27 times in that hour. They were beyond excited!




When we got there, they went running up to the house!


We were taken to their basement where 6 of the cutest little boy dogs and 2 of the cutest little girl dogs were. It was so hard to pick just one!! They were all so excited to see us and were jumping up and licking us. Oh my gosh. Just pure heaven!!


Pete picked up a couple of them and the last one was the one we chose. THIS was our Tater. :-)



We had to weigh him and sign some paperwork before we could leave. He's a whole 16 lbs right now.



Apparently all that work tuckered the poor guy out and he slept the entire way home.




We took him right outside when we got home. We cheered as he peed and then we ran around and played with him.




I expected him to be a little shy and quiet. Maybe a little scared, after leaving his brothers and sisters, but there is not a shy bone in this dog's body. He's ready to go and has been chewing on everything in sight and getting himself in a whole lot of trouble already. :-) He's cracking me up!



The kids all love him to pieces. It was like love at first sight with him.




I mean, how could you not love this precious little guy? Welcome home, Tater!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Lori - quiet and shy doesn't really fit your family so it is a good thing Tater doesn't fit that description! I love the adventures you and your kids have. It is always a great end to the day to come home and hear the latest - I get to end the day on an up note.

Lori said...

You're so right! Anything timid and quiet would get stomped all over in this house. We need a little wildness in our pets. :-)