Monday, January 2, 2012

Clean-up Time

I really enjoy getting out our Christmas decorations. I, however, don't like them to stick around too long. I like getting my house back in order once the presents have been opened and are scattered around. We got back from our trip to IN on Saturday and by Sunday afternoon, I was stripping the decorations from the walls and the shelves.



Pete took the outside lights down. Everything on the shelves and walls were packed back up. And, then Livie helped me take down the ornaments and lights, so Pete could take down the tree.
I mention "Livie helped", because the other two weren't quite as helpful....




They chose to play their DSs instead. That's ok. I put them to work today instead. ;-) Part of the after-Christmas fun is finding places for all their new toys. We had gone through and donated a bunch before Christmas even came, but now knowing what they had to fit in their rooms, we created a new pile of stuff for the basement playroom. I'm happy to say that the kids' rooms are organized and clean now, as is the rest of my house (except my room and the basement).






We even rearranged the living room to make more space to play in. We got those gamer chairs and didn't have any room to play, so we put the other chairs together to make a loveseat and that freed up some space for the black ones. We also got a smaller coffee table (thanks, Dad!) that has storage in it so we have lots more places for toys upstairs now. Hopefully by the weekend, we'll be totally organized and clean and ready to tackle 2012!

No comments: