Because the kids were lugging their costumes with them to school today, I had to bring all the treats and stuff myself. I stuck Madie's supplies in her bookbag, because her costume was small, so that took 2 bags of pretzels and Halloween napkins off my hands. That just left 24 bottles of water, a garbage bag full of popcorn (thanks for the idea, Jill!!!), Halloween BINGO, more pretzels, and cherrios. I whined enough about carrying that all in myself that Pete came over and helped me carry it in and stayed to watch their parade. :-)
Of course, once I got there it was all about Livie. I'm the head room parent, so I had to be a part of the setting up part. So, you'll see a lot of pictures of her and not as many as the other kids, but I got to at least pop in and see them and apply their make-up, before having to go back down to Livie's class. Of course, we all know that Livie was a Yeti today. You'll see in the coming pictures that she stayed true to form the entire party!
Look at all those boys sitting so nicely. Wait?! Who is that crazy girl on the end? Oh yeah, my daughter.
Madie went with the Monster High girl, Draculara. She brought the doll along to show how they matched. The wig was definitely interesting, but made the outfit complete! She loved it!
Here she is with her friend Ashleigh. When I went upstairs to put her make-up on, I couldn't find her. Everyone was going into different rooms to change and stuff. Finally saw the back of her and recognized her instantly! Why, you ask? Because she's so little! :-)
Noah was a flying monkey from The Wizard of Oz. His Aunt Jill found this costume for him and since it was the closest he was going to get to a sock monkey, he was thrilled!
Now, after that quick visit with Madie and Noah, I went back to walk with Livie in the parade. Again, nothing was slowing her Yeti down! Even on the walk, she was ready to take someone on!
The pretzels finally appeased the ferocious beast!
But, only briefly.
Once she had feasted on the blood of the locals, she was ready to go. Madie was very excited to pass out candy and had several of her friends from school stop by. Noah and Livie were ready to get out there and get the candy, so we finished supper and headed out.
No comments:
Post a Comment