Saturday, December 3, 2011

Looks Like Christmas

The week after Thankgiving was so busy this year, that I just wasn't able to get around to pulling out the decorations on my birthday like I usually do. Instead, we waited until today when we had the entire day to ourselves.



The kids helped me decorate and had to grab and arrange the Little People Nativity Set we've had since Madie was 1. Eventually I hope to have a REAL nativity set - maybe even the Willow Tree one - but until then, the kids love this one and, since they've had it since they can remember, it's part of our tradition now. :-)




We had to do a little rearranging early on, and more later too, but the kids did a great job decorating the bookshelves if I do say so myself!




After Pete went and ran some errands and we had supper, we finally got around to putting the tree up and decorating. This is their very favorite Christmas activity! I remember it being my favorite too. They love looking at all their old ornaments and hanging them up. Each one has a story and that's what I love.






Of course, we're lucky to have a tall guy in the family, so he can reach all the upper branches. All we need to do is point. :-)







And, we have a completed tree! Please don't mind the disarray of us today. When I say we have a day all to ourselves, that means we chill in comfy clothes and don't brush our hair. ;-)






So, now our house is ready for Christmas!! Hopefully tomorrow, we'll find time to do the outside lights. Crossing my fingers! We're switching to LEDs, so it's going to take some work to switch it all out.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Oooh, I love your Advent "wreath" ... where did you get it?

Lori said...

Someone in our church made them for all the Sunday School kids years ago. :-)