Saturday, December 31, 2011

Olivia's 6th Birthday

Olivia turned 6 on Wednesday and she had decided to have a Christmas-themed birthday. Pretty appropriate, if you ask me!



Even though we weren't at our own house, we carried on the tradition of decorating the dining room the night before. You'll see the trees the kids decorated on the tables. :-)




I was still feeling pretty lousy, so I stopped by Martin's Supermarket and bought a cake for her that morning. Since it didn't have any writing on it, I bought her some food pens and let her decorate it herself!





You'll see it says "H6BO". That stands for "Happy 6th Birthday, Olivia". She also drew a dinosaur, a christmas tree, and all that blue stuff is snow.





We all got some Subway (again, not wanting to cook anything and give everyone else my germs in the process) and got ready for some cake!






She was too excited about the cake (or, should I say, ICING) to eat much of anything on her plate.






We all sang "Happy Birthday" as Pete lit the candles.




Then, she blew them out!





Then, it was on to present time! Her favorite part!





We got her a LaLa Loopsy treehouse. She was, oh, a little bit happy about that. ;-)





But, not as excited as she was about the little Yeti statue we gave her!





She had a lot of presents to get through. She, as all my kids always are, was spoiled rotten by her family. :-)





I do believe one of her favorite presents came from her Aunt Jill and Uncle Adam. It was a Yeti hat and BFF Yeti shirt. She wore it the next day too. :-)





She got Zhu Zhu puppies and another LaLa Loopsy - all really great stuff and she was thrilled with it all!




I mean, look at that smile! That's one happy girl! She had a really great birthday! Just can't believe my baby is 6!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

What a great idea to let her decorate her own cake! Might use that sometime (hopefully not because I am sick, though). Happy New Year to the five of you!!