Saturday, March 24, 2012

Madie's Birthday!

Yes. I know it's Saturday. And, yes, I know that Madie's birthday was Thursday. But, I'm just THAT behind in my blogging! Besides, we really didn't really fully celebrate Madie's bday all in one day. We've been celebrating a little each day for the past 3 days. Makes it more fun that way, right? ;-)



As with every birthday, we decorated the night before. I'll be honest. I didn't do as much in the decorating department this year for her, because her REAL surprise was her new room re-do, which I will post shortly after I finish this entry. So, we kept the decorating down to a minimum.





She didn't seem to mind. She knew the big reveal was coming and that was what she was most excited about. We did get her a little something to open on her birthday. A little Zhu-Zhu leopard. She was very excited. :-)






We also took her out to eat to the restaurant of her choice. She picked Jardines (yay!), one of our favorites. Noah was happy that he got to go along. Can you tell?





On Friday, Nana and Papa T came out with some surprises of their own. One of them had to do with the room reveal and the other was this adorable new outfit! She LOVED it!! She had to put it on right then and there. SOOO her style! Comfy, yet punk rocker-y (her words).






Then they took us out to Cracker Barrell for dinner. Wow! Two nights in a row eating out aka "no dishes for mom to clean!". I was pretty happy about that arrangement. ;-) I took this picture of Livie to show you the "unique" outfit she picked out to wear for the special occasion. Nana brought out a bag of clothes for the girls and Livie couldn't choose which one to wear, so she wore several.






Today, after Madie's performance, we had steak on the grill and finally had her birthday pie. She wanted a Reeces Cup pie for her birthday and boy was it delicious!






Madie blew out all 11 candles and dug right in!





Shortly after that Nana and Papa had to say goodbye. But, not before I got a group shot with all of them - Tater included. :-) It was a great 3 days of birthday celebrations and I think Madie ran in her tween years in style!

No comments: