Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sabic Party

We left straight from the Scarecrow Fest and went to the plant for the party.  It's usually head at Illini Park, but because of the anniversary part of the celebration, they had it on the plant site like they did for the 40th.  Did I mention that Pete (and all of the Sabic Employees) got a Kindle Fire as an anniversary present?!  And, since he's not a reader, he gave it to ME!!!!  Hooray!!  It's awesome!  But, I digress....





When we got there they had an old car show happening.  Noah, especially, seems to be interested in old cars, so he was excited to see what was there.  They all picked out their favorite for the People's Choice Award.




Madie picked this green one from the 1960s.  It was my favorite too!





Noah's pick was this one from 1934.  My second favorite!!!




This one was listed as a car from 1964, but it doesn't look like it's from that era at all.  But, anyway, this was Livie's choice.  They all picked good ones!  There was one from 1974, the year I was born.  I nearly picked that just for that reason alone. ;-)






Since it was nearly 2 by the time we got there, we headed straight for the food tent.  They had this great cake table with a big number 45 on top of it.  The pieces they cut were HUMOGOUS!  I swear our whole family could've eaten one piece!





They had chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, and ribeyes.  Quite a spread!  It was really good and the kids ate most of what they had picked .... until I mentioned that they also had ice cream.  Then eating stopped and they went looking for the ice cream.  Well, I should say Livie and Noah did.  Madie and I had eaten the taco-in-a-bag, so we weren't terribly hungry.





As soon as they were done, Noah was ready to head to the bouncy houses.  Madie and I stayed for a few rounds of BINGO before headed out to join them.




They went up the slide a million times and went into this rocket nearly as much.  They loved it!





Madie was kicked really hard the other day during a soccer game in PE and has had a swollen toe for the past few days.  She had to sit out during tap after re-injuring it again during tumbling, so she wasn't able to really do a lot of the bouncy house stuff.  She went back and played more BINGO, since that wasn't hurting her foot.  And, guess what?  She actually won!!!!!  None of us have ever won playing BINGO at Sabic before and she did!  She won a gift card to Starbucks and Olive Garden.  She was thrilled to pieces!




After her win, Noah was feeling low and they were getting hot and thirsty, so they sat in the shade by the photo booth and decided to take a few pictures.  It was hilarious as you'll see below. 





We finished our time there with a plant tour, given by Pete himself!  It was fun to finally see kind of where he works and what he does.  It was loud.  It was stinky.  But, it was cool to see.  We weren't allowed to take any pictures in the plant.  Top Secret stuff, you know.  We finished our day with some remote control car races and then headed home.  It was a long day, but lots and lots of fun!



Here are some of the photo booth pictures they took.  Like I posted on FB - did Livie storm out of the photo booth, because Noah was going to cut her head off?  Yes.  Did I have to remind Noah that we don't decapitate people in photo booths?  Yes.  But other than that they had a ton of fun and, now, we've got great pictures to show for it!

No comments: