I am a self-admitted picture day nutjob. I'm like the "no wire hangers!" Joan Crawford type, trying to get these kids to look good for their school pictures. I wake them up at 6:30 in the morning and begin showers. I won't let them put on their outfits until they are finished with breakfast, so they don't accidently spill anything on it. Each outfit is carefully selected a good week in advance. Hair is completed with special care. I'm a little crazy. I try NOT to bark orders too often, but getting 3 kids out the door on a regular day takes some barking, let alone when you're trying to get them to look their best and stay like that until midway through the day. They're so used to me antics now, that it's totally expected and they just roll with it. After today, it's a waiting game for the next 2 weeks or so as you anxiously await the actual photos, so you can see if your insanity and drive was worth it or not. Crossing my fingers it was this year!
They are such cuties and I think they'll end up looking adorable like they do now. Livie kept smiling like a jack-o-lantern, with her numerous missing and growing-in adult teeth. It's really funny to see how many teeth are missing in all their pictures. Don't think we've had one picture in the past 4 yrs that didn't have some gaps in there. ;-) This photo made me realize how much taller Noah is getting! I get stopped often and asked if Madie and Noah are twins. I keep having to explain that my husband is very tall and Noah takes after him, while Madie takes after me.
Anyway, there you have it! Another year, another school day picture. Wonder if my grandmoms were as psycho as I am and it's inherited or if that is just my own brand of crazy?
No comments:
Post a Comment