Today was another busy Halloween!! I used to love the craziness that came with Halloween, but this year my heart just wasn't in it. I didn't spend a lot of time considering costumes like I usually do. Didn't really get uber-involved in the class parties. Just felt kind of *blah* about it. Despite my poor attitude going into it though, we had a really fun and busy day!
Livie, my sweet little girl, does NOT like going as something "cute". She likes to be scary. So, she appeased me, yet stayed true to herself by going as a dragon-princess. She wore Ty's old dragon costume and wore Madie's old princess costume on top. :-)
You can see the inner beast coming out in this picture! She's so intimidating, isn't she? ;-)
I got to watch Noah walk through the parade, while I stayed with Livie. He was a banana. It was hilarious watching him walk down the hall. If I didn't know where he was, just had to look for that giant yellow cone sticking out of his head and I'd know right where he was. He was quite popular too. Everyone wanted to give the "banana" a hug!
Now that Madie's a middle schooler, she wasn't able to walk in the parade. She got to stand outside and cheer us on though!
Here is Livie in her full dragon-princess glory! It was fun walking with her through the parade!
After I finished walking with Madie, I went upstairs to spend the rest of the time with Noah. The room mother in there is new, so she really didn't know what to do. So, it was a fairly disorganized event, so he spent most of the party eating cheese and playing "Heads Up 7-up". It was still fun to hang out with my boy though! Didn't really get to do that last year, because I was the Head Room Parent for Livie's class.
Here's Noah the banana with his buddy Trenton. I watch him and his little brother after school and Noah has become really good friends with him. :-)
It was very cold here today, but we ventured out and got our trick-or-treating in! Tater, or should I say DARTH Tater, came along with us. He didn't get any milkbones, but he sure did have a great time walking along with us! Notice Livie ditched the princess costume by the time she went out. ;-)
We walked around the neighborhood like we usually do. Hit enough houses to walk away with quite a stash of candy.
Noah told me tonight that Halloween is his second favorite holiday, next to Christmas. Then he thought about it and said, "Well, maybe third. Thanksgiving is pretty awesome, because Nana makes the best Thanksgiving food in the entire world!". ;-) There's a little shout-out to Nana T!
As soon as they got home, they dumped all their candy on the floor and started sorting it and dumping it in our big bowl. There wasn't even enough room for all of it! Another great Halloween night!
No comments:
Post a Comment