My Madie Moo is a cheerleader!! She's been going to 6:45am practices for over a month now and just started cheering at the games this week. She was so excited!! I was so excited for her too, because I remember how much fun I had being a cheerleader at her age. I knew she'd love it!
When I was a 6th grade cheerleader (the only year I actually was one), we had the lamest uniform ever. A super-old skirt that was maroon and white with a white t-shirt we bought at 3-D and that's about it. I was a "Monarch". We only played other teams from our school. Madie gets to wear an entire uniform, head-to-toe, like regular cheerleaders and they actually play other schools. Her first game was last night and it was at a different school, so we didn't go. Noah, Madie's friend Katie, and I all went tonight. You can see from the picture above that she was adorable from the bow on her head to the Nike's on her feet!
The 7th and 8th grade girls were playing the big gym, so the 5th and 6th grade boys had to play in the multi-purpose room. There wasn't a lot of room for them to move, but they did a great job anyway!
Madie was doing such a great job! She was right on the mark with all her moves and was so impressive. She even got those special cheerleading jumps down. I think it comes from all those years of dance. It's all paying off!
Between the 5th and 6th grade games, Katie got to chat with Madie and their friend Ashleigh. So glad Madie has so many friends on the cheer squad.
After the 5th grade boys finished their game, the girls lined up and did the "We are proud of you" cheer. The 5th grade boys lost unfortunately, but the 6th grade boys WON! They won by 1 point at the very end and it was such an exciting game!! It's so fun for me to watch those boys play too, because I remember them as these little kindergarteners and now they're playing basketball. So fun!
They even got to do a halftime cheer in the middle of the court. We had the best time watching her cheer and watching the boys play. Going to games is something I did all the time as a kid. By the time I was in high school, I went to every home and away basketball and football game and was involved in girls basketball, softball, etc... So, getting back involved in the school sports - this time as a parent - is such a surreal, yet amazing experience. Can't wait for Pete and Livie to go tomorrow night. She has another game then and because Livie had dance, Pete had to stay back, so he could pick her up. Looking forward to a fun season!
No comments:
Post a Comment