Saturday, November 17, 2012

Our Pets

I posted a picture of Tater the other day on Facebook and thought I'd post a little entry about the other furry members of our family.  They are as involved in our daily lives and as loved as everyone else in this family of ours.





This is our sweet Tater.  Haven't posted about him in a while.  He is nearly 2 yrs old now and just the absolute sweetest guy ever!  His favorite thing to do is lay on our bed and sleep the mornings away.  I often times have to kick him off, so I can make the bed.  And, honestly, I don't think he likes when I make the bed, because he doesn't get to curl up in our pillows when I do that.  This day he curled up on our living room pillow and just looked adorable!  Took me 12 yrs of marriage to convince Pete that we needed a dog and we've never looked back since we got him.  His favorite thing, other than his constant need for food, is to play frisbee with his dad.  If I say to Tater, "Is Daddy home?", he'll run to the front window and look everywhere for him.  He ADORES Pete.  He wants to be everywhere he is.  So funny to see, considering it took him such a long time to even want a dog in the first place!  




This is our kitty, Olive, and she rarely gets any face time on here.  We rescued her from under a bush next to a very busy road in downtown Goshen over 5 yrs ago now.  Hard to believe we've had her that long!  I'll admit my first year with her wasn't my favorite.  She loved clawing my feet when I would make a bed and she'd run by and attack the kids as they were playing, and even once wiped her poop on my wall.  And, I won't even mention the vomiting.  It was a bit of a love/hate relationship for a while there.  But, she's really calmed down a lot in the past couple of years and has become a nice cat.  She's still a cat, which means, she likes to keep to herself, especially with Tater around, since she still hates us for bringing him home!  But, she'll rub up against our legs now if she wants something and loves being petted.  She too loves sleeping the day away on a bed, but it's usually Noah's bed, because she gets to lay in the sun.  I took this picture of her today, because she looked so cute laying in the sun by our patio door - her paw covering her face and all.  I grew up with many animals over the years, finally getting our long-time companion, Hobbes.  And, each animal brought a little extra love into our family.  Well, maybe not the birds.  They were just dumb.  But, our cats and dogs over the years brought us lots of joy.  Both Tater and Olive make our family complete and just a little bit more wonderful. :-)

No comments: