This weekend was our recital weekend! Lots of busyness leading up to their performances, but it's the kind of busyness I like. This is always something special that my girls and I share together, so I always look forward to it. :-)
Pete's parents came out to watch them perform. The girls were in full hair and make-up when I took this picture with Nana. She is always as excited as I am to see the girls perform!
We usually give the girls a small present as a congrats gift for a job well done. I wanted to get them flowers, but Livie reminded me that flowers die, so she wanted a toy. ;-)
We had to be there an hour early, so the girls and I left and headed out to get ready, while Pete, Noah, and his parents stayed behind to come later.
With that extra hour before the show starts, the girls are able to play around and I was able to get some cute pictures of them. This is Livie and her friend Julianna. Julianna is in Livie's class at school too, so it's really nice that she has someone there that she knows.
This is Livie and Madie with our new friend, Lindy. She is a neighbor from down the street that we've been getting to know. She's a real sweetheart!
My sister and her family, and my dad were all supposed to come, but had to cancel due to work stuff. So, we invited some friends to join us instead. I think Noah liked having his friend Tessa there. He actually sat and watched the show instead of grump and groan about how much recitals are "lame". He came up to me at the end and said, "You know, that wasn't so bad." Hooray for that! He was talking earlier about how dying a slow death would be better than sitting through a recital, so it was a big deal when he said that he actually liked it!
This was Madie's jazz outfit. She performed in this one last. This was in the second act and she danced to "Material Girl" by Madonna.
Her class did a great job!
This was her tap outfit and my favorite!
I always love watching the tap routines. They are so on point! I don't know if I can easily point out which one is Madie. She's right in the middle, in the front. Does that help?
This is Livie's costume. She also did a tap routine. Her first one too!
In this picture, she is the second one from the left. She did a great job!
This was Madie's first outfit - her ballet costume. This was her favorite. We all liked the feather one from above, but it was constantly shedding it's feathers. It got kind of annoying.
I took all the performance pictures the night of the dress rehearsal, because you're not supposed to use flash photography during the actual recital. Of course, no one did that, because the crowd was literally the rudest crowd I've ever been a part of (long story). But, anyway, that's why you see all the empty seats. There wasn't a seat to be had the night of the recital. It was sold out!
I threw in this picture, because I always take one of them on the stairs of the school. This was the night of their dress rehearsal. :-)
Because we're there an hour early AND have to wait for them to be called up, depending on where their act is in the show, there is quite a bit of free time. Livie was in the big music room with all the preschoolers, kindergarteners, and other 1st graders. They played hard and ran around and made conga lines. ;-)
Madie was with just her class of 12 yr olds. They opted for texting and drawing on the board. They are much too mature to make conga lines. ;-)
The recital on Sat night went until about 9:40, so Livie fell fast asleep on Pete's lap sometime during the second Act. She was out for the count!
Because she was so tired, she didn't want to get in the picture with Madie, Noah, and our friends, Jenna and Tessa. It was fun having them come to watch the girls perform! We had a great time at the recital and the girls did a great job on both Sat and Sun. So proud of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment