Thursday, June 13, 2013

Soccer Camp


Livie has been talking about how much she wants to play soccer for a good 5 months now.  So, as soon as I saw the local rec group offered a camp this summer, I signed her up!




She started on Monday and got to take it for one hour (10-11am) each day this week, with it ending today.  She had the BEST time, though she complained that she didn't want to learn "skills".  She just wanted to play.  But, she worked hard and had a lot of fun doing both the skills work and games.  Just wish they offered soccer around here, so she could actually play it all summer.





Her group followed the younger kids who had their camp the hour before ours.  We quickly discovered on our first day that we had lots of friends that were taking the camp too.  That was fun for me, because I had lots of people to chat with during her practice. :-)




It was fun watching her kick the ball and play the goalie.  That hour always ended too quickly.






Madie's friends, Emma and Tessa, were there each day, so she was very happy to have someone there to hang out with.  They played MadLibs and MASH.  It was really cute. :-)





This is a picture from our last day today.  Had to get a picture of the girls with one of our favorite families!  You'll notice Noah isn't in any of the pictures.  He had his basketball camp during her soccer camp.  I would drop her off and hang out for about 10 min, then load Noah up and head across town to drop him off at 10:30.  I'd come back and hang out for the last 20 min or so of Livie's camp, before heading back across town to pick Noah up around 11:45.  I wish I had pictures of his camp to share, but it's a closed camp, so we don't get to go in and watch.  He said he's having a great time too though!  Definitely puts him in the mood to play at the school level once it starts up this fall.  I'm so excited to see him try something new and work hard at it!  His last day is tomorrow.  So, our first full week of summer break has been off to a great start!  Next week, we don't have any camps planned, so we hope to fill it with other fun activiites.  YAY SUMMER!

No comments: