I recently noticed that I just passed the 1000 mark on blog posts! I couldn't believe that I've blogged over 1000 times in the past 5 years. I started this blog back in 2008 as a way to chronicle our lives, so our family and friends could keep up with us, despite the distance. I titled it "All Because Two People Fell in Love", because everything I was going to share on this blog began when Pete and I fell in love and decided to start our life together.
This picture is from my very first post. It was taken at VBS that summer. Livie was just a 2 yr old. Madie was 7 and Noah was 5. Look how little they are! Seems like such a long time ago. It's gone by so quickly.
It didn't take me long to fall in love with blogging. I was never good at keeping a diary, but not from lack of trying. I just didn't have the patience to sit and write it all out. But, to type it out? AND add pictures?! Well, heck, THAT I could do!
Our lives have changed a lot over the past 1000 posts. We've celebrated lots of birthdays. They are no longer those little 2, 5, and 7 yr olds that they were when I started. They are now 7, 10, and 12 - fully involved in school, friends, and extracurriculars. Their personalities - their very DIFFERENT personalities - have made themselves known more and more as the years have gone by. This blog has given me the chance to share all the fun things they've done, from graduating preschool to watching Madie get ready to enter her teenage years (gasp!).
Pete spent 3 years travelling for work over the course of 2007-2010. He went overseas for the first time in his life when he went to China. That was quite an experience for all of us and I'm thankful that he is now staying a lot closer to home. :-)
We went on our first family vacation to NJ for the 100th anniversary of my Grandpa Drexler's church back in 2010. We've been on 3 vacations - NH, KY, and CO - since that one and have seen a total of 10 new states. Each vacation experience has been lots of fun and definitely full of memories!
We were able to celebrate my sister's wedding back in 2008, added new nieces and nephews to our family, and added a furry addition of our own. Tater joined our family in 2011 and has made our family complete in more ways than one. Look at that sweet puppy face! It was a long journey to get Pete convinced that we needed a dog, but it's one of the best decisions we ever made and the whole family loves him to pieces.
I guess one of the most dramatic events from the past 1000 posts has been Noah's diagnosis with Type 1 diabetes back on Jan. 26, 2011. This disease was definitely not even on my radar back when I first began this blog, but sometimes God has other plans and I truly believe He has a very special plan in store for Noah.
Whether that's raising money and helping others be aware of what Type 1 is like for the kids and people affected, or if it's to one day use his awesome brain power to find a cure! Either way, we've made it through 2 1/2 yrs of this disease and we'll keep fighting it on a daily basis to make sure Noah stays healthy and whole. We're just thankful for such a supportive group of family and friends that have helped us make it this far!
A lot has happened since the first time I sat at the computer and created this blog. I love looking back at older posts sometimes and just seeing what our daily lives were like on that day. Sometimes I come across something that makes me laugh. Sometimes I come across something sad. And, there are times when I come across something that makes me remember something I had forgotten, that reminds me of special moments that I'm thankful I won't have to ever forget again, because I blogged about it here.
I am still thankful for the chance to share our lives with those we care about, and definitely excited to see what the next 1000 posts bring. Hopefully there will be more silly and happy posts than sad ones. Hopefully I'll have a 17, 15, and 12 yr old that are healthy, happy, and whole and a continued love relationship with their daddy. Only God knows what the future holds, but I plan on blogging about this crazy life of mine for as long as He gives me strength to do it. Let's hope that ends up being a very long time. Thanks for joining me on this journey - hope you'll join me for the next 1000!


No comments:
Post a Comment