Monday, September 30, 2013

Applejack Acres

It's that time of year again - apple pickin' time!!!  For the past 4 yrs, with a year off in there somewhere, we have gone to the apple orchard.  It's something we look forward to each year and we had a BEAUTIFUL day today when we went.  





Our group size isn't growing, but the kids themselves sure are!  And, I do believe they get goofier each time we go.





Getting this herd of children to pick apples and fill their bags, without eating them all as they do, is no easy task, but we managed to get of there today with only 8 consumed apples between the 5 of my kids (aka my kids and my babysitting kids).





Also, trying to get the boys NOT to climb the trees and throw the apples was also hard, but after getting yelled at a few times, they did a better job. ;-)





The girls loved filling their bags and finding all the yummy apples to eat.





I couldn't get Noah to stop eating long enough for this picture.  He ate through 3 of them while we were there.





I try to always get a picture of Michael and Madie together.  I love the expression on Madie's face when Michael tried to hug her.  Hilarious!  She's such a tween!




As you can see, though, Michael has grown a *little* faster than Madie. ;-)




These boys are such good friends.  Love the Spock sign!





Lisa and I have become really good friends over the past 2-3 years and her family is really sweet.  So glad her husband could join us today too!





Patty and I have been super-close since Madie and Michael have been in 2nd grade.  I seriously love these people like they were a part of my own family.  So glad Quentin got to join us too!





Janessa took this picture of me and the kids.  Sadly, Pete was at work.  But, we had a great time anyway!





These are the boys I babysit.  They're goofy and crazy, but they're also pretty awesome too. :-)





How could I not love this couple?!





The farmer (I still have no idea what his name is after all these years!) took us down to see his chickens.






Then gave us all a ride in the tractor.  It was such a fun time and we walked out of there with tons of apples and apple cider.  YUM!  Such a fun way to spend an afternoon.

No comments: