Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Noah

I thought I'd blog about Noah tonight, because a couple of fun things happened this week for him and I wanted to share. :-)





Yesterday, Noah got to sign up for band!  They are given time during the school day to look at the instruments and try them out.  It helps them to figure out what instrument they want to play.






Noah came home last week and told me he wanted to play the trumpet.  This, of course, made me really happy, because both my dad and myself played trumpet!  Dad was actually quite accomplished at it.  I did ok - playing it for 4 yrs between my 6th and 9th grade years.  So, yesterday, we went to the school and got him signed up and ordered a trumpet for him.  It should come in next week.  Listening to him play it was hilarious to say the least!  Reminds me of Madie trying her flute for the first time.  Now, Madie's a fantastic flute player!  So, hopefully Noah will do just as well. :-)

Another thing that happened was Noah wrote a persuasive essay about his favorite relative and he picked me as his favorite!  Read below to see what he wrote:







Seriously.  How could I not love that to pieces?!  I gave him such a big hug that he basically told me to back off, because I was breaking his glasses. ;-)  I then bugged him to death about it until he finally said, "If you don't stop, then I'm ripping it up and writing a new one about daddy!" haha  He finally relented when he realized that meant he would have to rewrite 5 whole paragraphs and he quote "never wants to do that again for the rest of his life!".  Anyway, it was really sweet and I was really touched that he thinks that about me, regardless on if it's true or not.  We're gearing up for our weekend in Schaumburg for the Diabetes Walk!  Em, Jeff, and the girls are coming in a couple days and I can't wait!!

No comments: