Today was our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. We've been going for so long, I'm not even sure what "annual" it is. We've been going with Aunt Jill, Uncle Adam, Trev, and Ty since Ty was in a stroller, though, so it's been a long time - and we were going alone before that!
We've managed to go the weekend following the boys' birthdays (10th and 11th) for a couple years now, so it's nice to be able to give them their gift in person. As they get older, I need new ideas. Thank goodness for Pinterest who showed me how to tape dollars bills end-to-end and have them unroll them as their gift. Unrolling $25 in ones is pretty fun for a 9 and 12 yr old! Ty was wearing his as a scarf, while Trevor was trying to get all of his stuffed into the car again. :-)
The kids are so old now, that it's hard to get them to stand still and take a picture, but I was able to get a few out of them. This one is my favorite, because of that adorable photobomber between Noah and Livie. ;-)
They played on the hay stacks a lot and spent tons of time playing tag. They're almost too big for the little houses now, so tag fit them perfectly.
Trevor liked hanging out with the guys today. I love this picture. :-)
This is another spot where I get pictures taken of them every year. Pretty soon, they won't be fitting into these windows very easily!
They were having some wild animal thing and they brought this wolf with them. Madie LOVES wolves, so she was pretty darn excited to see one up close and in real life.
You can see the crowd that gathered to see them. He was showing everyone a porcupine. My camera starting dying at this point, so I got very conservative about taking photos. In fact, most of them were taken with a quick turn-on and click motion, so they aren't very good. Because, I was careful about the pictures I took, I didn't get pictures of them going through the corn maze or riding the train. They went into the corn maze all by themselves and I totally thought it would take them a good solid 30 min to find their way out. Nope! Finished that thing in 15! They rode the train too, which is something they love to do, even if their heads hit the top of the train car. It's fun to watch them, that's for sure.
My attempt to get a quick shot of our kids on the pumpkins didn't turn out great, but it makes me laugh. Noah fell into the pumpkins and I didn't have time to make him sit up again, so we dealt with what we had!
The boys did a great job carrying the cart around and, as you can see, we filled it up with tons of pumpkins!
Of course, their very favorite thing in the whole wide world? Picking out gourds. They could stand there for a half hour just finding 2 gourds to take home.
I stole this picture from Jill. She got a great shot of the kids! So glad they love each other so much and have so much fun when they are together. It was a beautiful day and we were so glad to spend it with them!
Last, but not least, is this picture that Jill took on Pete's phone. I always love to get one family picture when we're at the patch. Again, with my camera dying, we took what we could get and this is what we got. Madie's not smiling, but hey, I still say it was a successful picture! Thanks, Jill!! So, there you have it. Another fun time at the pumpkin patch. Hope we continue this tradition for years to come!


No comments:
Post a Comment