Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day Parties

Today was a busy day! We had 3 Valentine's Day parties to go to. Madie and Noah had a half day, so theirs were this morning and right after theirs, we drove over to Opp School so Livie could have hers.



For Madie's class, I had the kids make candy necklaces. They all seemed to have fun making them and only a few spilled them or dropped them during the process.



Here is Madie and some of her friends showing off their necklaces. My sis-in-law taught me long ago that if you let them do a silly face picture, kids will almost always sit still for a nice picture. I got the nice picture, but liked the silly picture more, so here it is. :-)




Here's Noah towards the end of his party. They also made candy necklaces (can you tell I'm room parent for both classes?!), so you can kind of see his peeking out of his pullover.



At the end they were playing "Heads up 7-up". Remember playing that game? I played it when I was a kid.




I didn't stay for Livie's party, but we got her valetines in each of her teachers' and classmates' bags. She was very excited to give them away.



Here she is with her friend Ty. She loves Ty. I don't know if the feeling is mutual, but she thinks he's awfully special. :-) So, all-in-all a successful day of parties and now we have a living room floor covered in cards and candy. Think I may have to go inspect what kind of candy they have now..... YUM!

No comments: