Sunday, July 17, 2011

Library

Our summer has been so busy that we haven't taken the time to do one of our favorite summer activities - going to the library! We just had to fix that problem and went there Friday after skating camp.



Our library is very small, but we really enjoy going there and checking out new books. Livie is always the most excited when we go, because she doesn't get the library experience at school like the other kids do - though that changes in just a month when she enters KINDERGARTEN! Wowza!





Madie also loves books, but I haven't quite pinned down the kinds she likes best. She goes with really different things each time. I think her favorite genre right now is probably adventure stories. I have yet to figure out her style yet. I don't even know if she knows herself. Just glad she enjoys reading, no matter what the subject!




Noah has very clear choices in books. I can pick out a book for him a mile away! It either has to be hilarious books like Cap'n Underpants or informational books on whatever he's obsessing with at the time. He read nearly every book on poisonous plants last year when he was really interested in poison ivy. Now? He's really into hurricanes and weather. Seriously checks the weather sites on the computer 4 times a day to see how the storms in the ocean are faring or, currently, how the heat advisory are covering our area. It's like having a meteorologist in the house right now!





Despite all their different choices, they always walk out of there with a smile from Jan the Librarian and a handful of books to read. And, the best part? I know when we get home I get at least one good hour of quiet time while they are occupied with their new stories.


Now that I just finished watching the last of the Harry Potter movies, I know what I'll be checking out of the library myself this week! Can't wait to read the series!!!!!

No comments: