Monday, March 19, 2012

JDRF Pen Pals



I have a friend who recently joined a group of moms on Facebook that have children with celebral palsy like she has. She was telling me how much it meant to have other people to talk to that are going through what she is going through. We don't know anyone else that has diabetes, so I decided to look for a group to connect with as well. I didn't find anything on Facebook that attracted my attention, but I did find the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) webside. Why we've waited a whole year since his diagnosis to connect with them, I have no idea, but it's a great site! And, the best part? Noah has a chance to become penpals with kids all over the US and Canada that have diabetes too! He was so excited when I showed him this and he found two 9 yr old boys that have it and he sent off a couple emails to them. One boy lives in Canada and was just diagnosed in Jan. - almost a year to the day that Noah was. Another boy in OH has had it since he was 6 and now has a pump. Noah had questions for him. He can't wait to see if they write back! We even took the picture above and posted a profile for him too, so other kids can connect with him. I'm so excited to finally be opening up to this community and getting kids Noah's age in contact with him, so that he can share his journey with people that are living it themselves. Hoping we get some emails soon!

1 comment:

Rose said...

hope he's doing well (=
we've got a new blog (since I forgot ALL my acct info, sigh) 2day in SWVA- 1st post today if u want to update it on ur link. I'll try to not wait a whole YEAR next time LoL!
Love you!!
Jenn(Rose)