Pete told me when we were doing the wood floors that I wasn't allowed to even SUGGEST doing another home improvement project for 6 months. Well, summer's here and I'm bored, so I figure 6 weeks is close enough, right? It has the number "6" in it. He's gotta be ok with that. ;-)
My latest project is to work on our front door and then redo the entire foyer. When we were doing the floors, I was often times sitting in this area waiting for Pete to bring in boards that he cut. I would look around and realize how much the foyer needed a change. Without school projects to prepare for, I need something to channel some creativity. So, I'm taking down the tired stained glass thing I put by the door 10 yrs ago and putting up some etched window film and then painting. I didn't paint the door when I did the foyer and I'm not really sure why. It kind of sticks out like a sore thumb. So, when I paint the foyer this time, I'll be painting the door and side panels as well.
Before I can get to the painting part, I have to do a lot of deconstruction. First one up are the side panels. It's a lot harder to get that stuff on than I realized! Thank goodness for carrot peelers. That's what I'm using to get it off with. I'm sure once Pete gets home he'll suggest I use something more practical, but it's working and that's all that matters. The etching, underneath the part I'm working on, shows the new design going up. So excited to get to work and spend the next few weeks creating my new foyer's look!
No comments:
Post a Comment