I was outside one day with Tater and I saw these tiny little things growing in a bare spot in our grass. Last year we had this GARGANTUAN tomato plants growing in our garden. Two tomato plants had turned into 2 of the biggest plants I've ever seen. They got taller than the kids and got so heavy, they ended up falling over and laying in our yard. Thus, the bare spot, where it killed all of our grass in that area.
Upon closer inspection of the little "weeds" growing in that patch, I discovered that they were tomato plants growing! I've never seen this happen before, but I guess a tomato off the plant from last year left some seeds and new plants started growing from it this year.
In fact, I realized it wasn't just one plants, it was three! How fun is that?! So, I told Pete he wasn't allowed to mow it (he did at least once before I figured it out) and they have grown and grown and already have flowers on them. I wanted to let them grow in the yard, but Pete wanted to move them before they "killed the rest of his grass", as he put it. So, after I took this picture, he moved them back into our flower beds. I love that our amazing plant from last year is continuing to yield more fruit for us this year. Can't wait to see how these grow for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment