We've been enjoying our Christmas Break to the fullest this week, by totally lounging around and doing, well, not much of anything. But, before we were able to relax and be the sloths that we are, we took a little trip back to IN to visit our families for Christmas. I'm calling this "Christmas - Part 2". We left on the 26th and went back to see Pete's side of the family. His sister and her family were already in town, since they drove back on Christmas Day.
Of course, now that our kids are getting older, they spend a lot of their time (especially in the winter when they can't get outside to play) playing on their devices. If it was quiet in the house, I knew they were all huddled somewhere together, playing their games.
If their devices got "boring", they always had the option of playing on their grandparents SUPER-OLD intelevision system. It's dated 1979, but they don't care how old or how awful the pixals are. They all gather around it (the adults too!) and play games like "Dungeons and Dragons" and "Burger Time". ;-) The same, depressing news is that the unit died sometime that night and now, that vintage system, that has lasted through 3 children and now 7 grandchildren, has said its final goodbyes - unless Uncle Andy can find a way to fix it.
Around suppertime, we all gathered in the living room and opened presents. The kids were SOOOO excited!!
They all got great stuff. Lots of fun things to play with and had a ball opening them all up. :-)
I tried to take as many pictures as I could of them opening, but they moved pretty quickly through it all, so I didn't manage to get it all on film. Hopefully, once we write our thank yous, we'll remember who got what!
One of Madie's favorites was this Minecraft sword. They are obsessed with Minecraft, so she was beyond excited!
Yes, I would say, everyone made out like bandits. Lots of great stuff for everyone - since we do a family gift exchange. It was a great way to celebrate our 2nd Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment