We celebrated Livie's birthday over 2 days, starting on the 27th, because Pete's sister and her family were heading home the next morning and we were headed up to Goshen that night. Livie wanted a Bigfoot birthday, so, just as we always do, I decorated the night before at my in-laws' house (with help from my niece).
How fun is it that I found that yeti gift bag?!! We brought her bigfoot stuffed animals with us, so we could decorate with them as well. :-)
She had ordered this poster to hang up on the wall during her party and then later at home. She said it looked like Harry from "Harry and the Hendersons" and I had to agree.
Everyone was excited to celebrate her turning eight!
This is my niece Allyssa that helped me decorate the night before. She had some great ideas on how to make it special.
We ordered Pizza King pizza, our favorite, for lunch and got everyone fed before we had her open presents. We didn't do a cake this year, which felt a little weird. I mean, who doesn't do a cake?! But, she wanted popsicles, so we did those instead.
Everyone seemed to enjoy all the food, so the kids gathered in the dining room, while we all hung out in the family room.
Even Noah was excited when it was time to open presents! ;-)
She LOVED her bigfoot shirt and slippers!
Her Aunt Jill got a fabulous deal from a friend who was getting rid of tons of American Girl stuff. She gifted Allyssa on Christmas with some of it and Livie on her birthday with the rest. She has been playing with the stuff ever since!
I thought my nephew Ty really pulled off this look. ;-)
Livie later tried to eat him, but that's normal for her.
Once the presents were opened, the beast (also known as Livie) settled down to play. She and Allyssa played American Girl stuff for a while.
She later had tea with her Uncle Adam. :-) We left around 5 and went up to Goshen to spend some time with them and celebrate Christmas together.
We draw names on this side of the family too, so we had presents for Em and Jeff and then Kendalyn's birthday present. Before we exchanged gifts, we went out to eat at Dairy Queen and dad took them Christmas shopping. Instead of shopping and wrapping presents, he gives them each $40 and let's them choose. Kinda fun! Noah was showing off the sock monkey he got. Kendalyn was wearing the sock monkey slippers that came with the monkey. Avery was showing off her Ariel doll.
You may remember that back in Sept I had a Thirty-One Catalog party. I bought this pink bag for Kendalyn for her birthday. It has her name on it with a crown. She loved it and stuffed with tons of things while we were there. The cooler bag is what I got Em, but I hear Avery has adopted it as her bag. :-) Guess I know what to get Avery when her birthday rolls around!
One of the funny things was watching Tater (yes, we brought him), Shermiand Wrigley all play together. I say "play", but I really mean follow each other around and sniff butts. I swear it went on for an hour! At least they enjoyed each other!
Dad and Avery were watching music videos on his Kindle together, so Kendalyn joined them and Noah popped in for this picture. :-) We had a lot of fun during our short time up there - staying up until after 3 am playing a crazy-hilarious game called "Cards Against Humanity", and then getting up and going out for breakfast on Livie's ACTUAL birthday, before heading back to Warsaw. It was a fun way to celebrate Livie's birthday. Can't believe my sweet baby is 8! Time just continues to fly by when I'm not looking. Happy Birthday to my girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment