Sunday, May 18, 2014

Catching Up - Choir Edition

On Tuesday we went to Madie and Noah's Spring Concert.  We didn't get to go to the Spring Concert last year, because the school was flooded at that time.  Hard to believe that was a year ago!  Anyway, we were really excited to see them.  It's their band and choir teachers last year.  They are retiring after nearly 60 years of teaching between them.  We'll be very sad to see them go.  They are both very nice ladies.





Livie sat next to her friend Melanie.  She's a sweet girl that I'm just getting to know.  I haven't volunteered in Livie's classroom for 2 yrs, so I'm behind in knowing her friends.  I hope to remedy that in the future.





This was Noah's first year performing in the concert.  He is in the beginning band, so they got to play a couple songs for us.



Here's a little sample of the beginning band...




He did a great job, especially for his first year!  I'm pretty excited that he likes it and even more excited that he's playing the trumpet, because that is what I played and his Papa D played.





You can see him in the back there in the grey/white shirt.  Love it!





Next Madie played with the regular band.  She plays the flute like her Aunt Jill and is in the front row.





She's an amazing flute player, if you ask me.  She will hear a song and can figure out the notes to play without even looking at sheet music for it.  It's awesome!




Here's a sampling of Madie's band...





Once the bands were done playing, the choirs came up to sing.  Madie is on the right at the bottom.  The songs were all really nice and they all did a great job!





The choir spread out towards the end of the concert and sang some Grease tunes.  My favorite!  I was totally singing along with them, as were several other moms my age. ;-)




Here is the choir, all spread out, singing one of their regular, non-Grease songs.





At the end, they honored Mrs. Olsen and Mrs. Terry and the kids all ran up and gave them a group hug.  It was really cool!





Here are the kids at the end of the concert with their teachers.  They will be missed, but they sure put on a great concert for their farewell! :-)


No comments: