I am, once again, behind in my blogging. I'm sensing a theme this year. Apparently this entire year will be me, catching up on blog posts! We've had a LOT going on this week, today included, so I'm going to post a bit about what we've done, starting with some dance things we've had this week.
On Monday, Madie had to practice one of her routines on the OHS stage. They said they need to check out the blocking. There are 30 girls in her group, so I'm not surprised that they needed a little room to spread out to see how it would look on stage in a couple weeks. These are not the outfits they will be wearing that day. It was just a Tech Rehearsal for a few of the older girls' routines. She's the one on the left with the blue shorts. It was fun to see what she's doing for that one, because I haven't seen any of the routines the girls are doing this year yet.
Yesterday, Livie's group was one of the groups chosen to perform at a local nursing home. We had a very busy morning and didn't have time to run home before heading to town to perform, so we went out to lunch after we did a few things, then went straight over to Pleasant View when we were done. She got to wear her little denim skirt overalls and full makeup at the restaurant. I'm surprised people weren't staring! ;-)
The place was PACKED! There were so many parents and visitors there to see their kids perform, that there was barely any room to see OR let the older residents through to sit down. We sent Madie and Noah out to the lobby to play quietly, so they wouldn't be squished by the crowd. Livie was in the back room/hallway area with all the other performers.
The look on her face when she realized I was taking her picture was hilarious! This was Miss Patty, who has been battling cancer (so it was really good to see her there!), taking up Livie's group to perform.
I had Pete take the pictures, because I was too short to really see over the crowd.
It's a tap number, but on the carpeting you couldn't tell that. But it was still really cute to watch.
Afterwards, I got this cute picture of Livie and her best friend Juliana. They are like two peas in a pod. Livie is wild and outrageous and Juliana is this sweet little thing that thinks Livie's a riot! They are so much fun together. Soon I'll get around to posting about Livie's field trip to the zoo this week. Juliana was in our group, so there are lots of pictures of the two of them together. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment