My poor little guy. I think he might have fifths disease - which is a common childhood illness where they break out in a rash on their cheeks first. Then it spreads to the rest of their body. Now, I'm not doctor, but he's exhibiting the classic symptoms of it. He woke up yesterday with pink cheeks. I thought maybe he was allergic to his bedsheets or something, but it wasn't anything too noticeable, so I didn't think much of it. But, this morning he woke up with really RED cheeks and I thought I'd better watch and see if something comes from this. Well, when I picked him up from science camp just a few hours later, his cheeks were still bright red and it was starting to spread backwards to his ears and down the back of his neck. I called and tried to get an appointment with the doctor, to confirm my suspicions, but (of course) they were all booked up today and spending $100 for an emergency room visit kinda sucks. So, he's going in tomorrow morning. He doesn't feel bad or anything, which again is common with that illness. Just looks, well.... red. :-) BUT, he's very contagious, which means he doesn't get to enjoy his last day of science camp and he was sooooo looking forward to that! It was going to be water day. :-( So, my poor, sweet Noah looks to be quarantined for a little while and depending on how long that is, VBS might be out as well. Just crossing my fingers the girls don't get it too.
UPDATE : Noah went to the doctor and he does indeed have fifths disease, but he's not contagious anymore, so even though we missed his last day of science camp today, he'll be fine for VBS. But, it's still continuing to spread, so looks like he'll have the rash for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment