It was fairly busy when we got there, but that didn't stop them! This picture is of them with the turtles. They had this small turtle and a larger turtle as well. I didn't get a picture of him. The kids loved him, but Livie ADORED him. He was her second favorite of the day.
This is Lee Ann and Bodee with one of the guinea pigs. This one had red eyes and freaked me out a bit because of it. It was super-sweet and didn't get scared when you picked it up, but the red eyes made it look possessed - probably had eaten broccoli right before we got there.
This is sweet Ella holding the bunny. This bunny was so cute and so soft. I could've held it all day. There used to be a coloring contest in the Logansport paper at Christmastime and Easter as well and one of the prizes was a bunny. I would color that picture so carefully and as perfectly as I could, because I wanted that bunny SO badly. Royal Center people never won in the Logan contests though, so it was a lost cause, but boy did I try. I've always loved bunnies.
They had a whole assortment of amphibians. They had a bearded dragon, some other lizard I can't remember the name of, this giant frog, and a leopard gecko. This is Noah and Madie petting the frog. I didn't let them hold it, because I was afraid it would jump away.
But this gecko was the favorite of the day. Livie and Noah fell in love with this thing. I have a feeling that a gecko might be part of our family soon. It was so calm and would just crawl up you. So sweet!
See how easily it passed from child to child? I talked to the gal who was running the petting zoo and she said they make great pets. :-)
This was the minature horse they had. Again, very calm and relaxed. I think it actually fell asleep, even with all the kids around.
The piece-de-resistance was the skunk. :-) After all our experiences with skunks, Pete didn't want to hold it. He thought just from sheer frustration at the breed, he's end up body slamming it or something. But, I held it and it was really a sweet guy. Heavier than I thought, but like a big cat. It was fun! Maybe I won't be so quick to destroy them next time they try and dig into our patio resort.
Here is the guinea pig again. They had a couple of them.
The pot-bellied pig was nice too. Very bristly, but again, didn't get nervous or anything and was a good one for the kids.
They had a llama and an alpaca. The alpaco had his eye out for Noah. I swear, it cracked me up! It was like he would just stare at him and follow him around with his evil eye on him the whole time. It was like a mafia alpaca, if there is such a thing. Can you ask Uncle Guido, Jude? ;-) The llama was in this position the whole time. Didn't pat an eye, even when Noah tried to lay on him. Noah thought he was the softest thing ever and said, "I want a blanket made out of him". haha Don't think he meant, he wanted to kill the thing and use it's skin as a covering, but he enjoyed the feel of his fur.
Again, here's the gecko. Like I said, he was the favorite!
Here's the hedgehog. He was really pokey and very skittish. We didn't pick him up, because if you tried to touch him, he'd jump about 10 feet and scare everyone. But, he was really cute to look at.
Noah had the gecko on him like this for most of the rest of the time we were there. He said, "He loves me and I love him back". He just didn't want to let him go. Again, probably going to be a member of our family in the future, I'm sure. There was also a duck there and a rat, some ferrets, and chinchillas as well. It was a really cute little thing they set up and they weren't upset about letting us pick them up and hold them. We followed it up with ice cream, so it was a really fun way to spend the afternoon.
6 comments:
I'm kinda surprised to hear you say you like rabbits so much. After all, they like to eat broccoli. In fact, broccoli and other fresh veggies are one of the foods that you're supposed to feed rabbits to help keep their intestines healthy.
But if you like rabbits so much, maybe there's hope for you yet with the broccoli :-D
Maybe the reason you don't like broccoli is because you're eating the stems. Try eating just the top part with lots of cheese. It's really yummy!!!
Just because rabbits eat broccoli, doesn't mean I don't like them. Dogs eat their own poop and I still like them. Doesn't mean they're sane though. Maybe I should do 6 degrees of broccoli and instead of comparing it to evilness, I could compare it to poop. It would take a lot less "degrees" to get there. Broccoli comes from the bowels of the earth, poop comes from bowels. Hey, that was easy! :-)
As I wrote on your FB, perhaps if you'd plant broccoli around your patio you wouldn't have skunks any more. You know the smell of the broccoli would ward off the smell of Peppy de Pew!
The smell would ward off pretty much anything with a nose! We actually planted broccoli once. The kids wanted it and I figured as long as we didn't eat it, it was ok. We just let it grow and grow until it crapped out and died. There was some satisfaction in seeing it dying slowly over the course of the fall. Man, I've become quite the murderous sort lately, haven't I?! Though, I think to truly be a high-ranking official of BMBD, you have to have killed at least one broccoli. Just like the "00s" from the Bond series.
maybe that's what happened to the broccoli in my garden... maybe the BMBD members staked it! I'll get to the bottom of this.
No, they didn't claim it, so it must've been the bunnies.
Can't win 'em all. :-)
Skunks are so cute! I remember being the only one in my class who'd hold the one at the zoo, and it was such a sweet little guy.
Post a Comment