Friday, January 7, 2011

Field Trip

Today was Livie's first field trip of the year and we also got to celebrate her birthday at school!



She wore her "5" shirt today and showed the class that she was now a whole year older. :-)



I asked what kind of snack she wanted to bring today and she said, "popsicles and donuts". Quite a combo! So, popsicles and donut holes it was. Yum! Just enough sugar to make the field trip that much more fun!


The kids all got to sit on one of the engines, while one of the firemen talked about the ambulance in front of them.



Livie got to be one of the demonstrators. Because she was wearing her birthday crown, she got lots of birthday wishes from all the firemen. :-)



She got to show the kids what it would be like to have them take care of a broken arm. She let the kids feel the bag thingy they put on it.




She even got to sit inside a real firetruck!



And, they got to see how the knobs worked as well. We spent time looking at the fireman's quarters and saw a fireman go down the fire pole too. It was really cool! Attached to the firehouse is the police station. I didn't take pictures inside of there, because I didn't know if there were certain rules about that. They got to see the 9-1-1 call center and they had cool electronic mapping systems. They got to see the jail and got their picture taken. Boy, do I hope that is the only time Livie has THAT experience!




Then they all got to go in the back of the police car. Again, hoping that she doesn't have that experience ever again either! I rode in the back of a police car once, but it was after someone crashed into me and I didn't have another way home. It's not comfortable back there, let me tell you! But, for a 5 yr old? Totally cool!

No comments: