This is a picture of what my counter has looked like for the past nearly 2 weeks. Every conconction of medicine for me and the kids is sitting out, waiting for use. The paper by the candy cane pen? Why that's a schedule of who has had what medicine when. This has been our story since we got back from IN on the 23rd. Like I put in the title of this blog, not quite what I expected to be ringing in the new year with! Just glad we were all in pretty good shape for Tuesday, or we might have missed that opportunity for Livie's birthday. Granted, I had to take meds in my purse that day as well, but only used it a couple times for Livie. For the past 2 days, it's sounded like a chorus of coughing. As some were at the tail end of it and others just in the midst. I've been sick for the past 3 days now. Meaning, I haven't gotten nearly what I hoped to get done during this time. Vacations are for having fun, getting out together as a family, and getting some things accomplished in our house. Our biggest accomplishments (excluding our trip to Chicago)? Getting out of our pjs each day! :-) No trips. Only family bonding over medicine doses. Not quite what I had envisioned for our Christmas break. Anyway, I'll stop my rambling and complaining now. Just 2 short days until vacation is over. Sigh. Hoping that section of my countertop will soon by clear again and everyone back to good health. At least in time for life to start back up again. Happy New Year, everyone! Let's hope that these past 2 weeks will be left behind in 2010 and that 2011 will bring nothing but good times for all! :-)
1 comment:
Sorry you guys have been sick!! :( Hope it's all out of your systems soon so that you can enjoy the rest of Christmas break. :) Happy New Year!
Post a Comment