Monday, April 4, 2011

Tater's First Playdate

I've been MIA on this blog for a week!! Figured I'd better take some time this morning and get updated. I've been taking pictures of all the things we've been up to and there has been a lot of fun stuff that's happened over the past week, but I just didn't take the time to blog about it. I'll start with last Thursday. We took Tater on his first playdate with another doggie friend. Our friends Chris and Shawn have the sweetest retriever on the planet and, since they were on spring break last week (they're teachers), we decided to go visit them and let the dogs play for a while. Gus is over 3 yrs old and is 105 lbs. He's a big guy! But, gentle and kind as can be. They were so cute together. Up until now Tater's seemed scared of the other dogs he's come across, but he must've known that Gus was a fun playmate, because he didn't hestitate at all to play with him. We all just laughed as they played. Tater seemed to get a little crazy, attacking poor Gus's beautiful long tail and pulling out his fur. So, we had to try and settle him down some. Gus took it in stride though. It was a really great playdate and we're looking forward to getting Tater socialized even more with dogs in the future. :-) Here's a little video of them playing together. Wonder how it'll be once Tater's more his size??

No comments: