Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Bras and Jesus
Thought I'd share a little story with you all that happened to me yesterday. I posted about it on Facebook, but I remember that not all of you are on that site, so here is my tale. Yesterday morning as I was on my way to drop the kids off at school, one of my bra straps came undone in the back. I have a bra that has removable straps, so you can put them in different configurations. I had it crisscrossing, so it was not easy to reach around and reattach. I tried to get Madie to do it once we got to school, but she couldn't figure out what to do and since I needed to get to work, I told her to go and I'd take care of it. Now that smart thing to do at this point would be to just wait the 15 min until I got to school to take care of it, but I've never said I was smart, so that is NOT the option I took. Instead, over the course of the next 8 min I tried to drive with one hand (or my knees) as I tried to get this stupid strap back in place. I couldn't get it to attach, so I decided to undo the back and pull the sides around and reattach it that way. Of course, once I did, I realized my arms had come out of my sleeves and I needed to get them back in place. Once my arms were back in place, I realized my seat belt was now attached to my body, because my bra strap was now over it. I swear, it was like a scene from "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"! So, I finally decide to pull over and do this thing the right way. I pull off my coat, unhook my seat belt and pull my arms back inside my shirt to get this taken care of. After a minute of trying I finally said, "Screw this!" and decided to just rip the stupid bra off and put it on once I got to school. So, I'm sitting there, my shirt all ascue, trying to pull the bra out of the top of my shirt. As I'm doing this a police car (no, I'm not joking) pulled up right beside me with not one, but TWO officers in it. I am trying to roll the window down as I try and cover up the fact that half of my cup is now hanging out the top of my shirt. They politely say, "Is everything ok?". I could've told them that I was just having a bra situation, but I really wanted to keep the discussion short, so I quickly said, "Nope. I'm fine. Thanks!" in that high, squeeky, chuckling, I'm-so-embarrassed voice that I have and watched them give me a look before driving slowly away. I then proceeded to yank the stupid bra off, toss it across the van, and head back to work. This all happened before 8am and led to my sharing that story last night for our devotional in session. I do believe I am the first person in that church that told a story about a bra in an effort to praise the Lord. So that, my friends, is why I titled this post "Bras and Jesus". :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment