After tonight I know what I will be thankful for on Thursday. I am thankful that Pete, Madie, and Tater made it through hitting a 250lb buck on the way home from dance without a scratch. I got a call from Pete, that Noah answered, around 7:15 tonight. He said, "I need you to come pick up Madie. We just hit a deer and she is shaken up.". I loaded up Noah and Livie and headed out immediately. I called on the way to make sure everyone was ok and they were, but I wasn't quite prepared for what I saw when I got there. Madie came running up to me in tears, obviously scared by what had just happened and when I saw the car I began my thankful prayers to God. Seeing the antlers on the deer and sheer size of it, it could've been so, so much worse. The fact that the windshield held and it didn't go through is a miracle. So, tonight, though we have a car that is currently unusable, I have a safe and healthy family at home with me right now and that's all that matters. Thank you, Lord, for protecting them.
1 comment:
oh my goodness, lori!! So glad everyone is okay!!
Post a Comment