Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Noah's Birthday and More

Today was a busy day full of fun! First off, we had to celebrate Noah's birthday!!



We continued our tradition of decorating the night before. Noah loved waking up to his science-themed birthday decorations. :-) He doesn't like cake, so he requested that I make him snickerdoodle bread this year. He and the girls ate it for breakfast. I believe he ate 5 slices and took one for lunch and had one this evening, because he had a low blood sugar. I guess it was a hit! We didn't celebrate very long this morning, because we all had school and work to go to, so we had a short snickerdoodle celebration and headed off to our destinations.




I got to have a really fun day with my 3s today. We had "Special Person's Day", where the kids got to invite someone really special in their lives to our Valentine's Day party. They made bookmarks for them and these cute little flowers they are holding. They had a fantastic time and were sooooo excited to show off their school to their guests. It was so stinkin' cute!






I got home in time to swing by Papa Murphy's and grab some pizzas to cook for Livie's school party. Now that Noah's been diagnosed, I've been a lot more conscience of the sugar stuff the kids eat, so we try and keep those to a minimum. Papa Murphy's had $7 heart-shaped pizzas, so that's what we went with today. Got home, cooked those up, then Pete and I headed over to the school for the parties! I'm the head room parent in Livie's room, but that means I've missed out on going to Noah and Madie's parties, so today Pete lead the activities in Livie's room and did the roaming thing. I started in Livie's room and read them "I love Monkey", which is the cutest book. Shared that with my 3s today too. They loved it! Then, left Pete and the other parents in charge of passing out the pizza and snacks, while I headed over to Noah's room. Livie was thrilled to have her daddy with her today. :-)






Noah's the lucky one! Not only does he get a Valentine's Day party on his birthday, but he gets his own as well! We brought in sugar-free fruit popsicles as his treat and they were a hit! They also had a pizza party. Tami (the head room parent in his room) feels the same way about candy and sweets as I do, so she did a great job of keeping those to a minimum. She's also been amazing about making sure Noah doesn't feel left out. She's terrific and it doesn't hurt that her son is Noah's best friend. :-)







I next went up to Madie's classroom. This is her last year to have a party, so she really wanted us to stop in and see her. Next year, when she's in 6th grade, they'll have dances instead of class parties. Eeek!! Not ready for dances!! But, it was great to see her and her friends. I've known nearly all of them since Kindergarten and they are so much fun. Madie has a really great group of girlfriends that care about her as much as she cares about them. It's a great thing to see!





Once the parties were over, we went home and they got out all their valentines. About an hour after we were home, Noah remembered he had presents!! He's having his birthday party with friends on Sat, so he only got to open a couple. He's saving the other 3 for his party. He was excited to open the ones he got today though!






Livie got these things for Christmas. They are bendable foam sticks and Noah and Madie have loved playing with them. So, Noah got his own package today. It is a boy set, so it came with sword attachments and a cape.






Gee, those kids weren't excited at all, were they? ;-)






Another tradition is taking the birthday boy or girl out to their favorite restaurant for their birthday. We've created a prime rib monster, so he wanted to go to Hanks again. We go there like once every 2 years and here we are going twice in one month! But, hey, it was his birthday. Couldn't say no. :-) Since Hanks is on a farm, they have turkeys and peacocks and ducks and goats running around. This giant turkey came right up to him. And, can I say, they are the ugliest things ever! Amazing that they taste so yummy. :-)





Those are some eager prime rib eaters! Every one of us ordered prime rib - though Livie and I split ours. It was delicious!!






They have a little shop next to Hanks that sells costumes. He got money from his Nana and Papa Trolinger, so he decided to buy this Jack Sparrow costume. He LOVES it! He made a foam sword out of the things we got him earlier and put on his costume and was a pirate the entire rest of the night. Even ran around the house like Jack, which was hilarious. Looks like he had a great birthday and he still has a party to look forward too. I'm blessed with the best 3 kids in the world and am so thankful to have a healthy, amazing 9 yr old. Happy Birthday, Noah. We love you!

No comments: