Monday, February 13, 2012

ZONTA Tea

Every year the area schools nominate young girls from 3rd through 5th grade to attend a tea put on by the ZONTA group, which is a group that works to empower and celebrate young girls who show good citizenship. Madie was nominated by her teacher in 3rd grade, but we weren't able to go then. She was nominated again this year and we were able to attend.




I took Madie and Livie to get their hair straightened on Saturday (since Meaghan isn't open on Sundays), so that she would look extra cute for her tea. Livie got hers done, just because I didn't want her to feel left out. :-) Madie got on her cute little outfit and we headed out for the tea.





They began it with a welcome and then they had a magic show. It was cute!






Then they had cookies and punch and tea. Madie ate lots and lots of cookies!!






At the end they passed out certificates to all the girls and congratulated them on being good citizens and encouraged them to continue on the path of having a strong character and showing respect, trustworthiness, kindness, and a couple other things that I can't remember. It was all good stuff though. :-)






You can tell I didn't take this picture. My friend Laura, who is QUITE taller than me, held this up and took it, so we could get the whole group in. Madie's at the far left.






We recognized several friends of hers from dance, her friend Chloe (who is my co-teacher's daughter), and our friend Tessa. Here she is with Tessa.







Audrey (my co) took this picture of Laura, Tessa, Madie, and me at the end of the tea. It was a fun little thing that celebrated what a great girl Madie is! And I am so proud of her!!


No comments: