Monday, January 21, 2013

Biscuit


A couple weeks ago we saw this pretty gray cat roaming around the neighborhood.  On a particularly cold day, Tater was barking like crazy and I saw her huddled up against our neighbor's house, trying to stay out of the wind and in the sunshine.  I felt so bad for her, that I got out a bowl of cat food for her and set it outside.  Literally, within minutes, she was out on our patio eating it all up.  She was later out front drinking water out of a puddle in the driveway.  I was setting out a little bowl of food for her almost every day.  We ran out of cat food for a couple days, so now that we've been back to the store, Madie decided to set out another little bowl for her this afternoon.  She must've been outside somewhere nearby, because again, within minutes, there she was, eating it up!  We can't adopt another kitty, but we can't just let that sweet little thing go without food.  We're going to make up a warm box for her tonight to see if she decides to use it to stay out of the cold.  Even if we can't adopt her, the kids are really enjoying trying to help take care of her.  They've named her Biscuit, as you can see from the title of this post.  Reminds me of all the times we took care of strays when I was a kid.  And, they almost always ended up in our house as a pet for a short time.  That won't happen with this one, but it's nice to know we're helping keep her belly full during these cold winter months. :-)

No comments: