Monday, January 21, 2013

More Spicher Fun

Thought I would post a few more pictures of our time this weekend with my sister and her family. :-)





It was still really beautiful outside on Sat when they came, so we decided to grill out.  Pete made some delicious steaks for us and was even able to stay outside without his coat on!  Em and I had been shopping early in downtown Ottawa and got to enjoy the beautiful weather.  Why we didn't go to Starved Rock on Saturday when it was nice instead of Sunday when it was FREEZING I'll never know!  Guess we're gluttons for punishment. ;-)




Last time Kendalyn was here was in October when they came out for the Diabetes Walk.  She was very shy when she walked into the house, but this time?  She ran in and took off to play with her cousins within seconds of walking in our door!  She and Livie played together most of the time and had so much fun together.  They immediately got dressed up and made umbrellas with the k-nex pieces.  You'll notice Madie isn't in any of these pictures.  She was sick with a fever/cough, so we kept her quarantined for most of the weekend, so she wouldn't get the girls sick.





We had some steaks that were still a little frozen in the middle, so Pete had Jeff man the George Foreman with those steaks, while he was outside with the others.  We had some duel grillin' going on here!




Noah and Kendalyn played together some too and it's fun to see how much Kendalyn loves her cousins.  Since Jeff doesn't have any brothers or sisters, we're the only cousins she has in the area.  She kept saying, "I'm going to go play with my cousins now." and she'd run off to find them.  Hilarious!






I don't know if I mentioned the new book Livie bought with her gift card to The Bookmouse.  It's called "Pat the Zombie".  Ever heard of "Pat the Bunny", the sweet little children's book about a little boy and a little girl and a little white bunny?  Well, this book is an adaptation of that.  But, instead of hugs and smiles, we have intestines being taken out of the bunny and scratch 'n sniff dead people.  She was insistent about wanting this book and giggled and laughed through the whole thing!  I remember not letting my older two watch Spongebob, because it was too "grown-up" for them.  Now my 7 yr old is laughing at the bunny being fed brains.  I've failed her.  Anyway, she was really excited to show Uncle Jeff this book, but she had to wait for the girls to go to sleep.




Pete was happy to help snuggle Avery, so she could go to sleep. :-)  It was a fun weekend with them and we can't wait to see them again!  Thanks for coming out, guys!

No comments: