Saturday, January 26, 2013

Visit with Dad

Not only did the Spichers come out last weekend, but dad decided to come out for a few days this week too!  He drove over on Thursday and left just a few minutes ago.  Sadly, Livie was fighting a really yucky cough and a fever the whole time he was here, but he said he had the flu shot, so hopefully he'll stay well.





The one bonus of having him here is that he was able to stay home and watch Livie on Friday when I worked, since she was too sick to go to school this week.  With a sick kid though, that meant we weren't able to go out anywhere while he was here, which he said was relaxing and not boring, like I figured it was.  Guess he's busy enough at home that a few days sitting in my house watching the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and reading "Hunger Games" isn't a bad deal.  The LotR thing happened after the kids realized he had never seen the movies at all.  They quickly popped them in and 2 days and 12 hours of movies later, he could leave the house saying he has been properly schooled on the awesomeness of those movies!

I didn't take any pictures while he was here, because I was dealing with sickness and stuff, but we got a couple shots before he left.  The above picture was taken after Noah thought up this goofy idea.  Weirdos.






This is the "normal" picture. :-)  Did I mention how much Tater loves his Papa?  Yep!  Definitely loves BOTH of his Papas to pieces!  This Papa liked to wrestle and gave him an over abundance of food - right up this lab's alley.  He is now his forever friend.  Have a safe trip home, dad, and thanks for coming out and hanging out with us!

No comments: