It's been more than a week since I blogged and I've been feeling it every day! I would turn to Pete and say, "I haven't blogged in 4 days!", then 5 days, then 9! We haven't had a whole lot going on, but that wasn't the reason I haven't posted. It's because I've been deep into projects that seem to be taking up a lot of my time. I find myself excited about starting a project, then find it's a lot more work than I envisioned. Take now, for instance. I decided back in October that it would be great to have another church directory made. After all, it had been almost 5 years since our last one. Everyone thought it was a great idea, so I pushed forward and decided to head up the thing as the director. I've got a great team helping, but I didn't quite realize all of the busy work that would come with this. I'm quickly finding out! I'll blog about that another day though. For now, I thought I'd just share a few pictures to show you what we've been up to around here.
Cheerleading ended in December and Madie, like me, loves to have things to do, so she decided to join the Scholastic Bowl team. It's a group of 6th-8th graders that compete against other schools in a quiz show kind of way. They have practices twice a week and now have begun to compete. Last Thursday was her first at-home competition, so I was excited to go watch her be the smart girl she is!
It's started at 3:30, so I was able to stay for an hour, before I had to head home and get ready to leave for work (I teach one of my 2s class on Thursday nights). Of course, wouldn't you know it, she didn't get to compete until I had to leave!!! I was so upset. But, it was still fun to see how the meet went. They have buzzers and sometimes have to answer multiple questions as a team. Very nerdy, but very fun. :-) I'm looking forward to seeing her actually get up there and answer questions when I'm there, but that won't be for a couple weeks.
Gotta say, I was very worried about how I was going to watch her with 4 antsy kids in tow. Everything has to be very quiet, so they can hear the questions and answer them. If our cell phone goes off, they can lose a point, so it's very important to stay silent. How was I going to do that with all those kids?! Well, I loaded up a bag with every gaming system, electronic device I had and they did a FABULOUS job! So fabulous, I couldn't tell them enough how proud I was of them. Gave me hope that we can do this for her future meets. Yay!
Thought I would throw in a couple extra pictures of Noah and Tater. Noah decided Tater's dog bed was a really comfortable space to play on his Ipod. Tater didn't seem to mind sharing his space.
Noah was in there for a little while, before Madie found him and now she too is laying on Tater's bed while they play. Goofballs. So, that's just a little bit of what we've done for the past week. Hopefully I'll be able to get caught up on directory stuff soon, so I can stay on track with my postings. We'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment