We finally got to celebrate Noah's birthday! Since I had to work last night and had Bible Study afterwards, I didn't get home in time to give him a proper birthday, so we waited until tonight instead. Of course, I couldn't let his birthday go by without letting him open at least one present, right?
When I got home that night, I just had to let him open one. You'll see his new giant sock monkey was there for all the action too! He got that from his Nana and Papa T (along with an Amazon gift card, lucky boy!) and that was the first thing he got the morning of his birthday. Last night he opened an Ipod alarm clock. It's pretty cool and he really, really loved it. Madie has now put that on her list too!
As you know, Noah's not a cake eater. So, every year for his birthday he asks for something new and different for his birthday cake. One year it's been a donut cake, he's had snickerdoodle bread, and a crescent roll cake. This year he wanted strawberry shortcake. We've only ever used pound cake with our strawberry shortcake, but I decided to make him an angel food cake.
He wasn't quite sure if he'd like it. But, as you can see, he loved it so much he didn't even use a fork! Just ate it with his hands like a caveman. ;-) And, he ate THREE pieces! Yes. THREE! He told me he might want this every year from now on. Guess we have a winner!
My besties sent him a present in the mail today and he opened that after he devoured his cake. He got three really cool Star Wars pens! You can see he was pretty pumped about that. Thanks, Guerreros and Whites!
The last present we got him was a nerf gun set.
The cool thing about this nerf gun set is that there aren't any discs or foam darts all over my house. It's a lazer game that uses his Ipod to defeat robot things. He can also play against Madie (it came with two guns) and they can fight each other.
Here he is trying to shoot the drones. It's pretty fun stuff! Usually, when it's an off-party year, we get them more than just a couple things, BUT he's getting an updated bedroom this birthday, so I'll share more about those updates by next week, I hope. We'll see how quickly we it all together. No new paint job or anything. Just additions to make it a better room for a 10 yr old.
These photos were on another driver, so I uploaded these last. It makes it a bit out of order, but you get the drift. A couple weeks ago Noah insisted he didn't want to celebrate his birthday. He decided all birthdays are lame and didn't want anything - no presents, no decorations, nothing. Of course, I knew he's change his mind, but because he didn't change his mind about that until the last minute, I just threw a couple decorations up without putting too much thought into it. At least he woke up with a little something on the walls!
First thing he saw when he woke up with his new GIANT sock monkey. You can tell he liked it a little bit. It's been hanging out with him ever since. Definitely a great surprise for a big boy of 10! So, Happy Birthday a day late to my amazing, brave, goofy, smart boy! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment