Since I've been so busy with creating our new church directory, I thought I would share a bit of what our Sunday morning's look like. They are a little busier these days, because of the added jobs of taking photos and getting people signed up for their photo sessions, but most Sundays are like this.
We start off with Sunday School (aka ZONE) at 9am. I lead the kids in looking up their memory verses and singing our "Books of the Bible" song. We usually then have a storyteller come in and share with the kids their story. The past 4 weeks we've been talking about John the Baptist. Our memory verse was Mark 16:15-16a - "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. Everyone that believes and is baptized will be saved." We just finished up that lesson, so instead of having a storyteller and a craft/game to follow, we had a special project day.
We had the kids make cookies to share with everyone as they entered the sanctuary. I bought and bagged up all the cookies for them. They then added a verse card and a sticker to that verse card that said "The ZONE kids are sharing the GOOD NEWS about Christ's love." We wanted them to live the truth of that verse and share the good news with everyone in our church. They each signed their name to the cards. They had to make 70 of them, so I was thankful for all the great adult helpers. We seriously have the most dedicated and loyal helpers. Sometimes I don't even have to ask and they will just come up and volunteer to help. It's so awesome!
We had two full baskets of cookies, so they could be stationed at both entrances to the sanctuary.
Pete manned the back entrance and Brian manned the front, with lots of kids to help. Those kids are on it too! They will search out anyone that doesn't have a cookie and will make sure they have one! It's so awesome to see!
After the service, the session (which is the name of our group of elders - yes, I am one!) met in our library and had Pete take a photo for the directory. Tried talking Gayle into doing the splits on the floor in front of us to make it a really memorable photo, but she couldn't be convinced. ;-)
Had to take this excited photo of Livie pretending to get signed up for the directory. I thought it was hilarious. I manage our church's Facebook page, so I wanted a great shot to post on their to encourage those last remaining people to sign up.
We had a meeting right after church, so we were there from 8:45-12:30! We were all tired, but we still had Bible Study to go to at 4:30. So Pete and Noah decided to stay home. And, honestly, if I wasn't in charge of taking a photo for the directory of our Bible Study, I probably would've stayed home too, but I'm glad I went. It was a great lesson and really was wonderful to be there. The photo above is missing three adults (Pete being one of them) and Noah, but it gives you a good idea of the great people we have in our group. We've been a part of it now for 3-4 yrs and it's evolved and changed as people have moved and stuff, but it's still a blessing to be a part of after all this time.
I mean, we know how to have fun! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment