The walls are covered in the primer that was put on them when we bought the house. We bought it new from a contractor who was building all the homes in this area.
There were marks on everything, because primer is not forgiving when something brushes up against it. We painted the 2 lower walls, but they were pretty beat up too after housing all these kids and pets.
You can see the dry wall tape that was peeling above the shelves. It was like that everywhere.
Another before picture...
Here is the empty, painted room. She ripped out all the dry wall tape and put new in. She re-mudded it with 3 coats, so it would really look clean and nice. She painted the ceiling - which just shows me how crappy the rest of my ceilings look now. ;-) Then, finally, she painted the walls. I can't even tell you how new and clean it looks now. It's fabulous! Now, here are the AFTER shots...
We rearranged the room and it's much more open now. I painted the back of the bookshelves to bring in that soft turquoise (or muted turquoise, like I like to call it).
I bought new curtains in that same turquoise color.
Then highlighted it with this turquoise cabinet. I saw this in one of my preschoolers' homes when I went on home visits last August and fell in love with it! This cabinet and the curtains are the only new things in the room. Everything else is stuff we already had. :-)
We moved the pictures around.
And, that is the finished product! We're going to take the week off and tackle the kitchen next. I had/have high hopes for that room, but some of my ideas might have to wait. So, onward we go with home improvement projects!
No comments:
Post a Comment