Monday, July 6, 2009

Down to IN We Go

When I posted about our MI vacation, I posted it all in one day so that everything would be in order as you scrolled down. Not doing that this time, because it took forever to type it all up that day and I have lots of laundry and stuff to get done, so I'll post a bit at a time.



This was us driving down to IN as we left St Joe. Noah decided to take the pillows and create different arrangements of forts. This one left him just enough eye space to watch the Star Wars DVD the girls were watching. :-)


When we got there, we were greeted by my nephews. The kids had just come from playing for 4 days with the Thiry kids and now got to play again with their cousins! They were so excited. This is mom and dad's courtyard area. They loved riding their scooters or playing frisbee. We later played a couple wiffle ball games in the side yard of the church too, which kept us all busy for hours. Too fun! This is a picture of Isaiah and Madie. Isaiah is their middle boy. He's 4.



Caleb and Noah are only about 3 months apart in age and they bonded immediantely. They just had the best time playing together. Noah liked playing with all the boys, but Caleb was his buddy. They cracked each other up!



It was a bit wild with all the kids running around, so we popped on some cartoons to get them to calm down before supper. Here's Madie with Isaiah and their youngest, Mason - who's 2.



Here's Caleb and Olivia. Hanging out on the lift chair (aka "rocket chair"), watching 'toons.

When we got there, Micah and Cara and their boys were there, as was Aunt Phyl and Uncle David. But, they only stayed a short while, because they went down to Royal Center to spend the night, because they were speaking there the next day. We all went down to Royal Center on Sunday to see them speak and hang out. I'll post about that later.

2 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

Okay. If you're going to post brocolli haters, I'll have to post broccoli lovers, and there are a lot more of the lovers than haters. I didn't see your mom wearing a T-shirt. Or your Aunt Phyllis. Or your uncle David. Or your brother, Micah. Hmmm. You're in the minority sweetheart.

And who in the *()&&Y*(_ are the power puff girls?

Lori said...

Well, they all might be part of the enemy's team, but Em has a shirt and my cousin Jeff was on our team. Even me dear, sweet, GIFTED son Noah said he wants a shirt. :-) I'm even going to make buttons for those who would rather just sport a smaller token of awesomeness. And, the powerpuff girls are a cartoon that used to be on a few years ago. Don't think it's on anymore. The corporations probably yanked it off the air after they aired that broccoli episode in their efforts to keep us silent.