First thing we did when we got there is give hugs and head out the door. Trevor had a basketball game! We were so excited to see him play. I took a video too, which I'll post when I'm done with this post. You see him there on the left bouncing the ball.
The kids enjoyed cheering him on, but were more interested in stocking up on goodies from the consession stand. Here they are by the sign giving us a "thumbs up" for a game well played. :-)
After that, we headed to a restaurant called "Choo-Choo Cafe" (I think) and it was a little hole-in-the-wall place that was packed to the gills, because it's such a fun place! Didn't get any pictures there, but there's a train that drives around and brings you the food, so the kids thought that was really cool! When we were done eating, we were able to talk the guys into loading all 5 kids into our van, so Jill and I could take hers and start shopping. It was FANTASTIC! We were gone for hours and had the best time! Even had the luxury of trying on clothes for ourselves and checking out our picks. Loved every minute of it. It was hard not to drive out on Sunday and do it all over again. ;-)
One of the things we got were sunglasses for the kids. Well, for the kids without regular glasses that is. They are headed to FL for spring break, so she hooked the boys up with some great shades. How cool is Trevor?!

Here's Jill with Ty and Livie, sporting their new sunglasses. You can't tell, but Ty's have skulls on the sides of them. Pretty awesome stuff! Livie wore her sunglasses all day yesterday. Even at night. She was a movie star, I guess, and too cool for all of us.

After we got back from a fun afternoon of shopping, we had dinner and the kids got ready for bed. They sat and watched Spiderman 3 with Uncle Adam before heading upstairs. They all slept in rooms together like a big slumber party.

Madie also got a cute necklace and bracelet set and then this rotating painter. I'm sure she's going to love that thing. She loves doing artistic stuff and will have a ball making different designs and stuff.

When Jill and Adam watched the kids for us last summer during our anniversary trip to Chicago, the kids made a restaurant. They did it again this weekend. Noah was in charge of the cash register and gave me a credit card with infinity dollars (oh how I wish those things really existed!) and the rest of them made up the menus. Their food was delicious! Never had a better plastic monster burger in all my life!

The last picture I took was to show how tall my nephews are! Trevor in particular. He's 8 yrs old, 6 months YOUNGER than Madie, and he's just a few inches shorter that I am and a full head taller than her! He loves that he's almost my height too. He keeps measuring to see how close he's getting. ;-) I mean, what 8 yr old wouldn't be impressed that they are about to pass up a 35 yr old?! I'm guessing he and Ty will easily pass the 6' mark and probably end up taller than their dad at 6'4". Hard to imagine that now, but it's going to be a fun ride seeing all our kids growing up. Love that we're able to all get together and share that time. Time with cousins, aunts and uncles, grandmas and grandpas, is all so important. Just wish we could do it more often. Thanks for the great weekend, guys! Love you all!
Here's Jill with Ty and Livie, sporting their new sunglasses. You can't tell, but Ty's have skulls on the sides of them. Pretty awesome stuff! Livie wore her sunglasses all day yesterday. Even at night. She was a movie star, I guess, and too cool for all of us.
After we got back from a fun afternoon of shopping, we had dinner and the kids got ready for bed. They sat and watched Spiderman 3 with Uncle Adam before heading upstairs. They all slept in rooms together like a big slumber party.
On Sunday morning the kids opened their bday presents from Jill and Adam. It was like 8am and already Livie was in Ty's dragon costume. She spent most of the weekend wearing it. ;-) She got a cute necklace and bracelet set as well as this awesome t-rex building thing! We're going to build it today.
Noah got an erector set to build a car, which he did later that day, and he got a DNA extractor thingy with a dinosaur that he can play with online. It's hard to explain, but it looks really cool!! I'm sure he'll be checking that out today after school. :-)
Madie also got a cute necklace and bracelet set and then this rotating painter. I'm sure she's going to love that thing. She loves doing artistic stuff and will have a ball making different designs and stuff.
When Jill and Adam watched the kids for us last summer during our anniversary trip to Chicago, the kids made a restaurant. They did it again this weekend. Noah was in charge of the cash register and gave me a credit card with infinity dollars (oh how I wish those things really existed!) and the rest of them made up the menus. Their food was delicious! Never had a better plastic monster burger in all my life!
The last picture I took was to show how tall my nephews are! Trevor in particular. He's 8 yrs old, 6 months YOUNGER than Madie, and he's just a few inches shorter that I am and a full head taller than her! He loves that he's almost my height too. He keeps measuring to see how close he's getting. ;-) I mean, what 8 yr old wouldn't be impressed that they are about to pass up a 35 yr old?! I'm guessing he and Ty will easily pass the 6' mark and probably end up taller than their dad at 6'4". Hard to imagine that now, but it's going to be a fun ride seeing all our kids growing up. Love that we're able to all get together and share that time. Time with cousins, aunts and uncles, grandmas and grandpas, is all so important. Just wish we could do it more often. Thanks for the great weekend, guys! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment