Can you tell the kids are happy to have Daddy home?!! Pete got home last night around 7pm and headed over to our friends' house where we were having our bible study. We had already finished the "study" part and were on to the dinner part of our night, so when he came in, we were all outside enjoying the beautiful weather on their patio. Our pastor can out from inside and said, "Look who I found." and out walked Pete. The kids ran from the end of the yard (which is HUGE), yelling for him all the way. They hugged onto him with all their might. It was so cute! We stayed for a couple more hours, before heading home. He had brought gifts for all of the families at our bible study and got to chat with everyone for a while before we left. It was a fun way to welcome him home. Everyone was so glad to see him. He showed the kids and I what he got us when we got home.
He got the kids this really cool book with a real dinosaur fossil in it! They loved that! He also got them more of the jade figurines, only in different animals shapes. Noah picked out a tiger, Madie a fish, and Livie got the snake. He gave one of those jade animals to all the bible study families too. Then he got me this awesome Dolce and Gabbana purse! Woo-Hoo He picked out 3, so I can give the other two to my sister and sister-in-law, so I had to pick out which one I wanted and it was SOOO hard! He got gifts for my brother and brother-in-law as well as both our moms too, but I don't want to post those pictures here, so they'll be surprised when they see them. He's trying to make sure that everyone in the family gets one thing from there before his trips over there end. He goes again in July, so I'm already trying to figure out who is left on his list. And, of course, thinking of more purses!! Maybe next time I'll be able to keep all three. ;-) Anyway, sooooo glad he's home. He was completely exhausted this morning and still looks very tired, but hoping after another full day off, he'll be feeling much better before heading back to work on Wednesday.
2 comments:
Fortunately for us broccoli lovers, with your new background we can't read your rant about how bad broccoli is! thanks for giving us a break!
Obviously I must correct that error immediately!! Don't want anyone coming on here and miss out on our mission statement. I'll have you know, we went to the community garage sales last week, where Noah wore his "I Hate Broccoli" shirt and several people told him that they loved his shirt and also hated broccoli. It was a really wonderful time!!
Post a Comment