Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Visiting Jerusalem...in Indiana?

I pride myself in being a fairly good blogger. Try to bring you something almost every day - even if it's mundane. So, you'd think that with an exciting 5 days in IN, I'd remember to bring my camera - but you'd be wrong. So, the few pictures I have on here are taken from my cell phone. Sadly, no video. But, despite my forgetfulness, we had a great time visiting our families. :-) We hadn't been to Nana and Papa T's since spring break, so we were long overdue for a visit. We got to go on a Nature Walk and the kids took their scooters, which made it a lot more fun. A tornado had gone through there just a few days before, so we were able to see a lot of the damage in the area. There was a tree that cut a house in half just right down the road from them! Kinda crazy! We got to spend a fun night with our niece Allyssa, who came over to play. They all had a great time with her! And, we got to enjoy some fun time just hanging out with Nana and Papa. After a couple days there, we headed up to Nana and Papa D's. Kendalyn was there again and we saw Em and Jeff too. Had fun hanging out with all of them and I tried to get a few things organized while I was there. Only managed to get 2 things done, but at least it's better than nothing. Cleaned out a closet with probably 8 suits of dad's from the 80s. Thankfully he had given me full permission to dispose of anything pre-1985. I wanted to go pre-2005, but didn't want to push too hard. Bringing them into the new millinium will have to be a slow process. ;-) This week they were having VBS and they are doing the "Jerusalem Marketplace" theme. We did this at our church for a couple years and it was by far the best VBS I've ever been a part of. So, I was very excited to take the kids, even if it was only for the 2 days we were there. Livie had never been there, so she quite enjoyed it. It was all outside, at a church member's house, in tents. You couldn't have asked for better weather either. Just perfect!





Pete didn't realize he was going to be a part of VBS that night, but he showed up and went right to work. Everyone had to dress like they did in Moses' time. Pete cracked me up by wearing his baseball hat the whole time! Guess he was trying to get the Jews to give up the long head wraps they wore and go for a cooler look. Nothing says "I lived in Egyptian times" like tennis shoes and baseball hats!




Dad was the high priest. Pete referred to him as Chef Boyardee. Others leaned more towards the "Pillsbury Doughboy". ;-)

I was a Jewish slave girl. This was before I threw my hair up and made it all crazy. The craziness here is just the normal crazy I sport on a daily basis. I tried rubbing mud on my face, but apparently I didn't do a good job, because no one noticed it. Dad and I were in a skit that night with a couple other guys. It was really fun! I don't want to brag, but if Oscars were awarded for best VBS routine, we would've won Hands down.



Em and Jeff were workers in the "Stone Shop". They made stepping stones with the kids. Pete helped in their group too. They were quite a team! Kendalyn stayed with some of the teenage girls while they worked. Mom didn't go the first night, but came the second. She wanted to see Madie in action. She (Madie) was an actor that night.




Here all 3 of our kids were in the "Brick Shop". They made bricks by stomping in mud until it was ready to put in the forms. Lots of fun, messy projects at this VBS!




Here's Chef Boyardee in the tabernacle. Never seen my dad look hotter!




Here the kids listen to Papa tell them about Moses.



Here is Madie in her actorial debut (is "actorial" a word?). She played a little girl named Sarah who found out she had to give her favorite lamb to be sacrificed. She memorized all her lines and did a fantastic job!! Everyone raved about how well she did. :-) We had a fun time with all our families and are so glad we got a chance to go back. Em and I went to see Eclipse last night at midnight. Even though I'm super-tired, it was SOOO worth it! Fantastic movie! We met up with 3 gals from the church and all watched (and drooled) together. Edward and Jacob are just delicious! ;-) Anyway, had a great 5 days, but are glad to be home. Now it's time to get ready to celebrate the 4th!

No comments: