Today we were grocery shopping and stopped in the book section and picked up some books. We've been eyeing this one for a while. It's called "The Strange Case of the Origami Yoda". Just the small sections I've read have left me laughing, so Madie's really enjoying it. I may just have to read it myself. :-)
Noah is my reader. He reads non-stop until the book is read and will whip through books faster than I can get them for him. He's read all the Capt Underpants books as well as the Stink books and Diary of the Wimpy Kid books, just to name a few. "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" are his very favorite and he can't wait until Nov when the new one comes out. Like I said, he's JUST LIKE ME! Well, I've been trying to find a new book for him and they had this one at the store and it looked like it was right up his alley. He likes funny ones, so we got this one for him. So far, it's a hit!
And, of course, Livie picked out a dinosaur book. Guess it's only fitting since she's determined to be either a paleontologist or a dinosaur when she grows up. She needs to do her research now.
It was a short book, but she really liked it. Trying to read to her a lot, so she will learn to recognize words and learn to read over the next year. She recognizes the word "dinosaur", so I guess she's picking up on some of it!
2 comments:
Thanks for posting that picture! It's great to see such a groovy kid enjoying the book!
-Tom A.
p.s. If you all fold some Yodas, please send me a picture for Origamiyoda.com!
She loved it and now her brother is reading it. Origami Yoda making is in our future. :-)
Post a Comment