We have VBS all week, so he was due to return while we were there. But, we didn't want him to not get a proper welcoming home, so the kids and I made signs and put them up in front of our front door. Please excuse all the debris. I really need to get a broom out there and sweep! Anyway, got the signs up, which I'm sure was fun for him to get around. Even I had to duck!
But, we headed off to VBS and later got a text that he was home. So, when it was over at 8:30-ish, the kids were playing and hanging around and I said, "Hey, don't you think we should get home and say hi to daddy?" Well, that's all it took! They ran to the door, ran to the parking lot, and ran to the van. Once we got home, they ran inside and started screaming and hugging. Those are Noah's arms wrapped around him in the back. He was so happy about Pete being home, he said, "I think I'm going to cry, I'm so happy!" and he did. He got really choked up and just made me smile to think of my sweet boy so filled with joy.
Pete had laid out all the goodies he got us. He got Madie this doll, which doesn't look Chinese at all, but she loved it nonetheless. :-) Also got her a hair clip, which is down by her elbow on the table.
He got Noah a couple of jade balls and a rubix cube with 4 sides of 4, not the normal 3 sides of 3. He thought it was awesome!
And, Livie got a hair clippy and this dancing frog. She was thrilled! Of course, I got another beautiful purse and he got a couple things for his dad and mine. But, most of all, we're just glad to have him home. He's only home until the 9th, so we're going to soak in as much family time as we can, between all the busyness of camps and VBS and, well, LIFE! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment