Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fast Times at Heritage High

The local marina - Heritage Harbor - had some fun activites for the kids today and since I've been dying to take the family there, I figured it was a perfect excuse to go! Not even Pete had been there before, so we loaded up the fam and headed over there. It's just down the road from where Pete works, so it's really close by.




They started with egg tosses, which the kids didn't quite excel at. ;-) If it wasn't for the fact that they had fairly strong eggs, the game wouldn't have lasted very long.


Their favorite was the water balloon toss. I swear Noah dropped it on purpose every time, because he just wanted to be soaked!



After playing a few games and getting their prizes, we headed down to the big pier and took the kids down to see all the boats. Most of them were gone, which wasn't surprising considering what a beautiful day it is for boating. I swear, if we ever win the lottery, one of the first things I'm going to get is a boat and park it right here! Love this place!!



Afterwards we headed to the little restaurant they have there. It's all screened in, so the breeze is fantastic and just a great way to spend an afternoon. I could've sat in there all day if they'd have let me. Had some cold drinks, enjoyed just chatting with each other before heading home. Just a fun little outing to enjoy this beautiful day God has given us! Seriously can't complain one bit about the gorgeous week we've had. The best summer weather ever! Now bring on the 4th - with no rain please!! ;-)

No comments: