Saturday, September 18, 2010

City-Wide Garage Sales

As many of you know, I LOVE garage sales. I haven't been to many this summer, but today was our annual city-wide garage sale. Couldn't miss that!! Livie had dance class, so I promised her we would bring her back a surprise.


We got this fun Imaginex set with gorillas and a bunch of misc animals. She was very excited. And, this is like a present to me too, because that means she'll be content to play for the whole rest of the day. So yay! A whine-free, crying-free afternoon. :-)


I think garage sales are the best place to find halloween costumes. This beautiful flower girl dress is now going to be Madie's bridal gown for halloween. She's going to wear my veil and wear some sparkley shoes. All for $2!


This whole set of Groovy Girls - which is the back-up plan in case Livie gets tired of her gorilla set - was only $1!



We got a rock tumbler and Noah bought this chair for himself at one of the garage sales. Yes, it's got crayon marks on it and has a little broken piece on the leg, but it's perfect for him. He has been sitting there playing Wii in it and loves it!



And, for me? A cute popcorn set, complete with salt shakers! Sadly, we were rained out before our time was over. But, I only came back with $2, so our time out was rapidly coming to a close anyway. But, it was a fun way to spend our morning. Madie and Noah had a great time and for less than $30, we walked away with some treasures and new clothes and smiles on our faces. :-)

2 comments:

Suzy said...

1) They still cry and whine at that age??? You are not supposed to tell me that!! lol

2) I can't wait to see pics of Madie as a bride. What a cute idea!

3) LOVE Noah's armchair, and love the fact that he sits there to play Wii. :)

4) Cute popcorn set, cute post! :)

Lori said...

1) I don't think you want the answer to that. Just pretend I said "no".

2) She's going to wear my veil and carry my flowers (yes, I had fake - we were broke!)

3) He sits there for everything. He loves it and it's the perfect size!

4) Thanks!